Monday, December 19, 2011

Consent Signing and the start of Lupron

I can still remember how excited I was when this day came. It signified the real start of my IVF journey. Chris and I saw Dr. T and my ultrasound looked fine. Afterward, we met with Sabrina, the IVF nurse (who was really nice and a hugger), and we went through all the consent forms. We thought that we had filled out most of the ones we needed (okay, I did :p) but it turns out that we were missing a lot (including the most important one). There were so many questions. ICSI? We had originally decided no since we had no sperm issues (and in fact, they kept talking about how great his sperm is). But when I had seen Dr. T, she raised an eyebrow when I said I was not going to do split-ICSI, and so now I'm second thinking it. I will start 10 iu Lupron tonight (are they ius? I'm going to use that terminology in this blog but they might not be since the needles are different). Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment