Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blackout

I almost blacked out tonight ! I was hanging out with my grandmother and cooking with her (frying shrimp) and I started to feel really lightheaded. I thought, okay Emily, suck it up. Just suck it up ! Don't pass out. So I continued to move the shrimp around and took them out when they were ready. We had nine more to go and my grandmother said she'll let me take care of it while she prepares something else. I told her I had to get something to drink first and went to the coffee table and drank some Gatorade.

I went back to the stove and we put the nine new shrimp in the skillet and my grandmother went to do something else. I was working on my breathing and telling myself just to finish these nine and then I could go sit down, but things started to get blurry and I started to pace around just to get some air into my lungs. The shrimp seemed to take forever to cook. At one point, I went over to the sink and I crossed my arms and put my head down and tried to feel better. I looked at my mom, who was sitting on the couch, to see if I could beckon her to come help me, but she was playing on her iPad.

I went back to the shrimp and I said, "I think it's ready." and my grandmother said, "Okay, I'll be right over." I scooped the shrimp out and said, "I think I'm going to pass out."

I went over to the couch and all I could see was spots. I sat down, and then laid down on the couch. My grandmother and mom were like, what's wrong with you ! I blamed it on the ventilation and I just laid there until the spots went away, and then we ate.

I felt like my mom was a little bit suspicious (probably just in my mind) because during dinner, she asked again what was wrong with me, and I told her that I hadn't eaten since 11 AM - 11:30 AM. It wasn't entirely the truth. :( I had been eating every three hours or so. I didn't want her to suspect anything so I told her that I had my period and she nodded her head in understanding and said, "Ah yeah, that can cause you to be lightheaded.".

We were watching TV when suddenly, my grandmother just started cracking up. My mom asked what she was laughing at and my grandmother said, "I just thought about Emily passing out over frying some shrimp !" HAHA. If anyone wondered where I got my twisted sense of humor from, I think there's the answer.

It was also so cold there (I'm the only one who was cold, apparently .. I'm always cold) and I was shivering the whole time I was there. So when it was time to go, I got in the car and cranked up the heat and started driving home. I started thinking about telling them the good news in ten days and I just started crying. I was still crying when I got home and Chris took one look at me and said, "What happened !".

I jumped in the shower since I was so cold and the hot water felt so good. It wasn't until I was almost ready to step out that I realized .. I already showered today ! Since I didn't shower last night (it was too late after raid), I woke up and showered first thing this morning. Two showers in one day. Wow. That's like some record or something for me !

I made a small confession to Chris. This morning, I had peed in my Dixie cup as usual to dip my pee sticks in. I took the cup afterward to dump it in the toilet and instead .. I dumped it in the trash can. I don't know what's up with me ! I've been doing really odd things lately where I think one thing and do another. I stared at the trash can for a while, then shrugged and threw the cup in. Chris said, "Emily!" and shook his head. He looked inside the trash can and said, "Well, there's not much pee in there and it doesn't smell." Then he went to heat up my heat pad. :D

I should also mention that as of today, my toothbrush is mold free ! We use those electric toothbrushes (I think the ones we're using right now are Oral-Bs) and they're wonderful because they seem to work well (no cavities since I started using one) but awful because they gather gunk at the base and inside the toothbrush and it's so gross. There have been times where I've made myself gag just smelling my toothbrush (but I'm usually too lazy to replace the head). For a while now, gunk has been building up at the base and it is visually so revolting that I consciously try not to put the toothbrush deep inside my mouth.

Well yesterday, Chris saw it (or maybe he had already seen it but he finally hit his maximum disgust) and used boiling hot water and cleaned it for me, yay !!! So this morning when I went to brush my teeth, I saw my sparkling clean toothbrush and felt happy. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment