Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 3 report

I got up very early today, January 14th, 2012 because I had a blood draw to get to. It would later turn out that the numbers weren't great for this blood draw but they think that it's because I just had an ER, but the numbers for my liver were a bit helter-skelter. I drove home and bought bagels for breakfast. We wait until 9:30 AM, then decided we should drive to VASC in case we ended up doing a 3 day transfer.

On the way there, the weekend embryologist called. She was difficult to understand, but the main point was that out of our 16 embryos that fertilized, 9 were top grade (8A) on day 3 ! We did have a few others that were still growing, but the numbers were not as good. As a result (I think we had to have at least 8 to have the option to continue to day 5), we will be doing a day 5 blastocyst transfer. Ahh, I can't believe it ! Everything has gone better than I expected.

IVF:
4x8A
1x6C
2x4B
2x4C

ICSI:
5x8A
1x4A

I spent the day hanging out with my mom and my sister. My mom has no idea that I'm doing IVF (no one in my family does, except my sister). We went shopping and then watched Moneyball.

No comments:

Post a Comment